Monday, May 9, 2016

Chocolate Bourbon & The 208:

Boy it's been a while since I've used this one, but it made for an extremely good shave this morning. Today I decided to have a little chocolate in my shave and went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's Chocolate Bourbon scented soap and aftershave splash. The scent on this is an incredible old school chocolate cake batter that was mixed with an antique electric mixer. In the splash you get a little more of the bourbon which has more of a vanilla and oak scent to it than the soap does and I hit the "ring of death" in this soap tin:


 The 208 done a fantastic job with almost no tugging or pulling which can be fixed with a run across a finishing stone. I need to go on a soap run here before long and stock up if you will. There's only a few more stones I want to get along with a couple of strops and I'm also looking forward to getting Above The Tie's new Bamboo singe edge razor.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...