Sunday, May 15, 2016

Fortitude & The DE 89:

Now that I've finished my breakfast (and I'm still working on my coffee), I can post this morning's shave. I have been craving Soap Commander so I decided to go with their Fortitude scented soap which has a phenomenal aged hay, tobacco, and dark rum scent that takes me back to my childhood when I spent time on the farm with my late grandfather. Speaking of rum, I paired this soap with their Purpose aftershave balm which has a bay rum scent and it pairs extremely well with this soap. It adds just a touch of sweetness to it:


The Edwin Jagger DE 89 was really good this morning, but it was definitely time for a new blade which I changed after I finished my shave this morning around 10:30. So I can chalk up another smooth and sleek shave. Oh I almost forgot. About a week ago, I got a cut just above my upper lip on the right side and it did heal up. Unfortunately from where my razors were tugging and pulling before I rehoned them and after I rehoned them, I kept opening that cut up for some reason. So to give a little extra time to heal up, I'll be using my DE safety razors for the next few days.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...