Thursday, May 12, 2016

Honing Session Completed:

With nothing going on earlier tonight, I went ahead and re-honed all 3 of my razors. They needed the bevel to be reset on them so I started from scratch:


First the Professional 600 grit stone for resetting the bevel:


Next I went with what's left of the 4K side of my Norton combo stone:


then I followed up with the same deal on the 8K side but after I got done with the usual routine, I did an additional 100 round trips on each razor to refine it further and give it that extra polish:


Next up I did my usual stropping on the soft Arkansas stone which was 10 round trips on my Gold Dollar 66 and 208 razors. My Gold Monkey got 15 round trips instead:


Next up my usual stropping technique on the Gold Dollar 66 and 208 which is 10 on the nylon webbing, 25 on the scrub leather and 50 on the smooth leather. The Gold Monkey got 15 on the nylon webbing, 30 on the scrub leather and 60 on the smooth leather :


The honing routine for the Gold Monkey is 60/60, 30/30, 15/15, 8/8, then 15 round trips to clean up the razor. The Gold Dollar 66 and 208 got the usual honing routine of 40/40, 20/20, 10/10, 5/5, then 10 round trips to clean them up.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...