Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Captain & The Doc:

This morning's shave was fantastic. I was craving Tiki Bar so I grabbed The Captain which has a cherry pipe tobacco scent to it. And I decided to finish it off with a splash of Clubman:


In terms of post shave feel, you know you got a really good shave when there's nothing left behind and your alcohol based aftershave did NOT burn once applied. It was also the last shave on this blade so I switched it out for a fresh Feather blade. As a rule of thumb, you subtract 1 shave for open comb and slant style razors because they tend to eat blades. The Phoenix double open comb is not an exception to that rule. That would be really cool to see a new double open comb single edge razor.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...