Tuesday, June 21, 2016

A Quick Touch Up:

After yesterday morning's shave, I decided to do a quick touch up on the Gold Dollar 209 using Dr. Matt's ILR technique. I did NOT kill the edge before performing this technique which was already in decent shape which says a lot considering that my beard is ultra tough. If I can only get 3 shaves out of a Feather DE blade which is one if not the sharpest blades you can get, that should tell you how tough my beard is. Barbed wire comes to mind and the Jnat edge that Anthony Esposito put on this razor has held up longer than any DE blade I have used. So a quick touch up was all that was needed followed by a full stropping routine should be more than enough:


Today's shave later on will tell me how I did.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...