Sunday, June 12, 2016

And We Have a Winner:

It looks like I'll be buying some more DE blades here pretty soon. During this morning's shave, my beard not only got removed efficiently, it was past being comfortable. I almost could NOT tell there was a blade in the Edwin Jagger DE 89 safety razor apart from seeing my beard being removed. These Astra green DE blades have now taken the top spot for my personal blade choice which says a lot because some of my favorite blades are extremely popular:


In my humble opinion, one of the best shaves you can get is one where your hair is removed efficiently and you can't feel the blade while shaving. This blade and razor combo is that comfortable for me. I literally could NOT feel the blade in my DE 89 this morning while shaving. And I could have stopped after 2 passes and a neck touch up. Normally after the first pass with the Feather DE blades, I've got a tiny bit of irritation in my problem areas and my skin does NOT like me doing more than 2 passes at all with those specific blades. The Perma-Sharp blades have gotten to where they aren't sharp enough for my barbed wire type of beard anymore. The next test I will be doing will be a longevity test to see how long the blades last. I have a feeling that I'll be liking the results of that test as well. Right now I only get 3 shaves out of a Feather blade in the DE 89 and only 2 shaves with a Feather blade in the doc. I'm hoping to go past that but we will soon see.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...