Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Apple Pie & The Jinhou:

Well this morning's shave didn't go to well. I went with Tiki Bar's Apple Pie & Maple Butter scented soap and I have no choice but to stop using it due to a mild reaction to the fragrance in this soap. RazoRock's preshave gel helped in keeping it from being worse than it was and the Aqua Velva classic ice blue aftershave was also very helpful after the fact. It's cleared up quite a bit in the last half hour or so but other than that, it was a pretty good shave:


The Gold Monkey Jinhou performed very well this morning and was extremely comfortable. I didn't quite get a squeaky clean shave, but it was close to it. One more pass instead of the usual 2.5 pass shave and I would have gotten an "ice rink" type of shave. It saddens me that I have to quit using this particular soap because it has an incredible apple pie with a little hint of maple to sweeten the scent out some. I'll keep it around for the holidays and what not. But I will not be shaving with it anymore due to the reaction I had with this soap.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...