Monday, June 20, 2016

C.a.D. & The 209:

This morning's shave was good and very refreshing. I was craving Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's this morning but didn't quite know what I wanted so I grabbed my mixed soap container which favors C.a.D. The scent on C.a.D. is a late 70's/early 80's "canned foam" barbershop scent which was still around when I started shaving and fondly remember. The RazoRock Plissoft is doing great. I've not lost any more hairs out of it and the logo is still intact:


In terms of post shave feel, this morning's shave was OK but could be better. My beard has gotten so tough that I've already significantly dulled the edge on my Gold Dollar 209 so please don't be surprised to see me hit the stones today. And either today or tomorrow, a friend's razors should be here that he wants me to re hone for him. After I send them back to him and he gives me feed back, I'll start honing for other people. My fee will be $15 dollars per razor once I get started and I'll be ordering a brand new water stone once I get paid again. I'm going for a Shapton 12K grit water stone off Amazon which should deliver a nice but smooth keen edge.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...