Sunday, June 5, 2016

Commitment & the 208:

Today's shave was great and it's more appreciated today than normal. Mainly because I woke up feeling a little rough this morning. It's also Soap Commander Sunday and I went with their Commitment soap which is a sandalwood scent. It's also the ONLY exclusive sandalwood scented shave soap that doesn't cause me issues in terms of sensitive skin. I finished it off with Soap Commander's Integrity aftershave balm which is unscented and has a touch of menthol in it which I find to be very soothing. So this shave really helped in terms of relaxing:


The post shave feel I have is excellent. Last night's honing session was needed because yesterday, the 208 didn't shave. Here in less than 30 days, I get paid again but I'll be buying another straight razor and that might be it. Not really sure just yet because I've also been checking out some strops. My latigo is on it's last leg. I'll be keeping the nylon webbing from it for pastes and what not. I'm also still checking out various stones as well.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...