Saturday, June 18, 2016

Fougere Santal & The DE 89:

This morning's shave was simply phenomenal. Reef Point Soaps always deliver top notch performance and their Fougere' Santal was up next in my rotation and it pairs wonderfully with Brut aftershave splash. And I'm loving the RazoRock preshave gel and their Plissoft synthetic brush is doing extremely well. So far I've lost only 2 hairs out of it and I have abused this brush quite a bit already and it's still doing fine:


In terms of post shave feel, I got an "ice rink" type of shave this morning with my usual 2.5 passes and that was the 2nd shave on this Astra DE blade. There was no tugging or pulling at all which is really good because I normally start to feel some resistance in that respect with just about ALL DE blades that I've tried. So far these blades and Bolzano Superinox are the only ones that I didn't have any slight tugging or pulling on the second shave. So I believe that I have met my new "go to" DE blades. Now to decide what to do with all of these Feather DE blades.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...