Friday, June 17, 2016

Go West & The 208:

This morning's shave was really good. I went with Tiki Bar's "Go West" scented soap which has an incredible freshly tanned leather scent. Think of walking into a Harley-Davidson motorcycle shop and grabbing a new leather jacket and taking a whiff and you will get the scent on this soap. I paired this soap with an old time classic cologne, English Leather which was one of my favorites back in the day and it still is for that matter:


The post shave feel I have now is great. Julian Muller's 2 stone honing method does work but my edge could be better if I had a finishing stone which is next up on my list. I got a squeaky clean post shave feel in 3 passes and just touching up 2 spots that doesn't quite seem to get cleaned up even with a DE safety razor and Feather blades. This is also my 700th blog post. Thanks to those for taking the time to read my blog.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...