Saturday, June 11, 2016

New Blade & Razor Combo:

Well people will be pleased to know that the Astra green DE blades are extremely good in the Phoenix double open comb safety razor. In the past, I've had mixed results with this blade and most were not quite that great and some were down right evil in terms of shave quality. So far these blades seem to work best for me in PAA's DOC and Merkur 37C slant bar razors. I didn't get too good of results in the Edwin Jagger DE 89, 2 years ago when I first started so I'll be trying them in that razor again as well:


Now if they perform really well for me in the DE 89, I will do a longevity test and go from there. If they last longer then the Feather DE blades do, then we have a winner and I'll be buying another 100 pack of blades off Amazon again. If not, then I won't bother. I do miss having the numbers on the sides of the blade which tell me whether or not I have loaded the blade correctly or not. Feather DE blades don't have that distinction like some of the others do. And I've had to flip the Feather blades and the shave would be the complete opposite of what I was getting. I'll try the Astra Greens tomorrow in the DE 89 to see what happens.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...