Wednesday, June 15, 2016

PAA's 9, Tombstone & The 208:

This morning's shave was good and very satisfying. I was craving this one. You can't go wrong with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's products period and 9 is one of my all time favorites scents. The scent on this soap for those whom have never tried it is Hoppe's #9 gun cleaner without the harsh solvent and gun powder. And one of my all time favorite aftershaves that I like to pair with it is Tombstone which has a gun powder, tobacco, leather, geranium, bergamot and rose scent. It won't be too long before I'll have to stock up on some soaps and aftershaves and I'm going with PAA's balms which offer the a lot of the same scents:


In terms of post shave feel, the 208 was decent and needs time on the stones. I could probably get away with just a touch up but why not use my friend's honing under running water technique. which will be another blog post. I'm also going to look into becoming a water stone dealer as well. There's NOT really a lot of those and it looks like it can be fun too. That's one of my favorite things about straight razors which is honing. And it's extremely addictive too.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...