Monday, June 13, 2016

Still Going Strong:

Right now the Gold Dollar 209 is my favorite straight razor in terms of both comfort and looks. I bought this razor from Anthony Esposito roughly about a week ago. It's still going strong and thensome. I suspect that I will probably get at least 3+ months on the edge before having to either touch it up on a pasted strop, or re honing the razor completely which is a long ways off. Anthony put an epic Japanese natural water stone edge on this razor after he trimmed the heel and toe of the 209 and buffed it out with a Dremel hand held rotory tool. It's a smooth and comfortable edge. There's no tugging or pulling and the razor has no issues gliding across my barbed wire type beard:


This reminds me of an affordable version of the Boker Edleweiss minus the extra refinements. There's no way I can afford a Boker Edleweiss right now unless I can get lucky on EBay. But I'm totally pleased with Anthony Esposito's work and edges. He hit a grand slam in my humble opinion with this edge, wow.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...