Monday, July 4, 2016

Dragon's Blood & The 209:

This morning's shave was excellent. Reef Point Soaps makes extremely nice soaps and their Dragon's Blood scent is phenomenal. Combined with a broken in Omega 10049 Boar brush and Anthony Esposito's Japanese natural water stone edge and cold water, I don't have to tell you how good of a shave it was. And the chilling effect that Aqua Velva classic ice blue has, was basically the icing on the cake. That was an incredible shave:


My post shave feel is pretty close to an "ice rink" with the exception to the area just right of my Adam's apple and to the right of the bottom of my chin. The next 2 days will be a DE safety razor shave because I go back to UVA tomorrow for my routine check up. Which is now an annual visit. I won't be going back until about this time next year which is a good thing. And my honing service is on hold for just a little bit until I can decide on which finishing stone I can get. I'm leaning towards a Shapton 12K at the moment along with a pasted strop.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...