Monday, July 18, 2016

The $10 & Under Shave:

Today's shave was for a special event created by a friend for my wet shaving group called Wet Shaving Hobbyists. The soap had to cost $10 dollars or less, but I went full tilt instead. I went with a Soap Commader limited edition soap which cost me $10 dollars and it's their holiday scented soap called Resolution which has a very fresh mistle toe, Fraiser fir, and semi sweet cranberry scent to it. My Omega 10049 Professional Boar brush I got for $9.99 at Italian Barber and the Gold Dollar 66 was a gift for me to try an Arkansas oil stone edge, but the razor can be bought unhoned for less than $10 dollars at numerous places such as Ebay and DH Gate. But if you go to some places like DH Gate, a bulk order is required. The aftershave splash can be bought anywhere for $5 dollars or less. So it's possible to get an excellent shave for less than $10 Dollars :


This morning's shave was also a 3 pass ice rink type of shave as well. I did get 1 weeper on my chin during my final pass but it cleared up pretty quickly and I didn't get much burn at all from my alum block and styptic pencil and the aftershave didn't burn either. This was also day 2 of 10 of my Soap Commander shaving binge. I don't use them enough like I should so I decided to use them more frequently than I have been.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...