Thursday, August 4, 2016

I'm Getting There:

I'm nearly there. I got some sanding done with the supplied drum sander that came with my Dremel which is 60 grit. I had to look it up on Dremel's website and part number 407 which came in my kit is listed as 60 grit. After I got through sanding, I used the carbon steel wired brush and the polishing compound to bring out the shine a little more: 


The polishing compound done really good with the wire brush attachment:


I figure that some more sandpaper and some rubbing compound will get it to where I want it. I'll probably end up going all the way to 1,200 grit in terms of sanding but it'll depend on what it looks like after I get done with 80 grit sandpaper.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...