Monday, August 1, 2016

Le Petit Chypre & The 209:

Today's shave was very satisfying and excellent. Barrister & Mann makes an incredible soap and aftershave. I went with their Le Petit Chypre matching set which has a very rich cypress wood scent. And the aftershave is very nice and soothing:


The Gold Dollar 209 is incredible and is still performing on it's original edge that my friend Anthony Esposito put on it when I ordered it from him. All I've been doing is maintaining the edge. I'm also looking at getting rid of my Gold Monkey and my Gold Dollar 208 razors and getting new ones from Anthony later on down the road and that's if I don't pay EBay a visit first and do a slight heel and toe trim on the razors. That's what I love about the Gold Dollar, Gold Monkey and ZY branded razors. They're dirt cheap and they hone up really nice in almost no time. And all you need to do is trim the heel and the toe of the razors just enough to clear the stabilizer out of the way so they can be honed. I trim the toe because I don't want that point digging into my skin. The meet up is looking really good for now, but the day before my dad goes in for another hip replacement surgery. It's already been put off due to his lungs being in rough shape and it has to be done so he can walk. So if all goes well, I'll be attending the Nashville, TN meet up.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...