Sunday, September 11, 2016

Last 209 Honing Session:

Okay after much thought and talking with a close friend about it, I have decided to give up on Gold Dollar, Gold Monkey, and ZY straight razors and go with some vintage and premium razors instead. While these are okay razors, I do have to put in extra work to make one shave ready. With a vintage and/or premium razor, I don't have to put this much work into them. So lets get started and I will see what I can find later on:


First up was the Naniwa Professional 600 grit stone and I did my usual routine :


After that I went with my Soft Arkansas and it took a really long time to get it where I wanted it which is when the razor has no trouble going across the stone:


next up was my mighty mini Suehiro 1/3K combo stone which I went back to my routine on both sides of this stone:


Next I did 2 rounds on my Norton 8K of my usual routine:


Then I followed that up with my usual stropping routine:


I won't know how the edge is in terms of comfort until I shave with it and I don't know when that will be because tomorrow I should have some new DE blades coming in here anytime and I want to try those out for a while in both my DE 89 and the doc.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...