Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pumpkin 3.14 & The 209:

This morning's shave was perfect. And since it's being re released today, I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's Pumpkin 3.14 which has an extremely nice hearty pumpkin pie scent. You have the cinnamon, nutmeg and clove combined with the semi sweet pumpkin. And to put the icing on the cake so to speak, I went with their Autumn Factory aftershave which has a sweet pumpkin pie scent that's also combined with the other elements of fall. Think of a fresh baked pumpkin pie that's been left near an open window to cool on a crisp autumn morning:


The 209 was excellent. Lynn Abram's technique worked very well and so did his stropping tip that he gave to a friend of mine who passed it along to me. I couldn't have gotten a better 3 pass shave than what I got today and I didn't get any burn from my alum block or any extra burn from the aftershave. An ice rink comes to mind in terms of post shave feel.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...