Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Rapira Platinum Lux 1st Time:

First impressions mean a lot when it comes to DE blades especially if you never used them before. And I'm very impressed with these Rapira Platinum Lux DE blades. They're comfortable as the Perma-Sharp DE blades are, but not quite as sharp as they are either. I would describe them as a more comfortable version of a Gillette Silver Blue in this specific razor. So far I think these would be great in a medium to aggressive safety razors and I also think that these would be great specifically in slant styled razors. On the 1st pass this morning, I had to start buffing and normally I don't do that until the 2nd or 3rd pass depending on which blade I'm using:


Of course this was only the 1st shave with these blades in this specific razor, but I'll know more as I continue along with my longevity test in this razor. Plus I still have to use them in my Edwin Jagger DE 89 before I do my initial review. But so far they're looking good for slants and open comb razors. So far the Russian made DE blades have been my favorites.


I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...