Saturday, September 17, 2016

Treet Classic Initial Impressions:

The impression I got from these blades is that they're good in the DE 89, but not great. But I also think that they will do better in the doc and more aggressive razors such as slants and standard open comb razors. After the 1st pass, I noticed that I had more beard left behind than I normally do which told me that I was going to need to do 3 passes. There was no tugging or pulling and these were more comfortable than the Gillette Platinum Plus blades that I tried earlier this year:


During the 2nd pass, I had to start buffing to get what was left behind and the blade was still comfortable. The 3rd pass was pretty much like the first pass, but I got everything squeaky clean except for the usual trouble spots which I stretched the skin and did a little buffing action which took care of those areas. These blades are specifically made for buffing in my opinion. I just wish they were a touch sharper and a tiny bit smoother. I don't think I will be getting more than 2 multi pass shaves out of these blades. So I will be moving onto the Polsilvers next.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...