Thursday, September 15, 2016

Treet Classic is Next:

While I'm doing a longevity test with the Rapira Platinum Lux blades in the doc, I'm going to go with the Treet Classic blades next in the Edwin Jagger DE 89. My friend Sly Diabo recommended that I try these blades and he did say one thing that I must pass on to others that also wish to try these blades. *DRY THE BLADES AFTER EACH USE* which I already do with every blade. But these are a must because they are carbon steel blades which means they will rust easy if you aren't careful:


So far this is the only turn off about these blades. They're made in Pakistan who is known for having one of the worst knives and razors you can possibly get. But we will see how they do:


They're sealed really good. I had a bit of trouble opening them:


They were sealed for nuclear war because I still had a tough time getting them unwrapped:


Since these blades are made in Pakistan, I'm not expecting much. But I will give these blades a fair shot and see how they perform. My friend Sly Diabo likes them and seems to think that I will as well and we both have similar beards so it should be interesting. I hope they do well in the DE 89. I have no idea how they will perform in the doc and it will be another shave or 2 before I can find out because I want to see how many shaves I can get out of the Rapira Platinum Lux before having to switch it out. I'm certain that it will probably be only 1 more shave because I had to buff on the 1st pass with the doc yesterday and I normally don't do that until the 2nd or 3rd pass.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...