Friday, October 21, 2016

C.O. Bigelow & The Hawk (#7):

Today's shave was very refreshing and very satisfying. I was craving C.O. Bigelow and their Menthol & Eucalyptus scent was what the doctor ordered because I was having an allergy flare up. This stuff is great for sinus troubles, allergies, and colds. And to add a cooling blast of epic proportions, I paired it with good old Skin Bracer:


The hawk is still going on it's first blade and today's shave was #7 which is mind blowing because I usually burn through blades pretty quick and these are acting like my straight razor basically. I've also talked to a few friends who own this razor and the Mongoose and they pick this one over the Mongoose. The first thing I hear is that loading a blade is problematic in the Mongoose and I've been told that they have to wiggle the base plate to get the blade seated properly. That's not and issue at all with the hawk. They also say the blade exposure and angle is much easier to get with the hawk. After shaving with it for about a week, I think it's one of the best razors I ever bought.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...