Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Mail Call:

Ladies and gentlemen, the Black Hawk has landed. For 3 years, I've been after a single edged razor that uses the Feather Artist Club and Kai Captain injector style blades and either something came up and I couldn't buy one and/or they sold out before I got a chance to buy one. Not this time. I happened to catch some news about on Twitter and when it became available I pounced on it. So lets get started about this gorgeous razor:


It's been sitting at the Post Office for 2 days because they were closed for a national holiday here in the United States, Columbus Day and since I've been waiting and trying for 3 years to get an SE style razor, a couple of days isn't going to bother me much:


The packaging is sleek and awesome as usual :


And as with all razors that I buy, they get a bath in barbicide:


It has got quite a bit of blade exposure to it but it's really light weight:


I love the 3 piece design and function which makes loading the blade a lot easier:


Loading the blade it stupid easy and goes right in. You don't have to wiggle anything to get the blade seated properly and since it's ultra light in weight, you don't need to torque the handle down with a King Kong grip either. This batch was $24.95 + shipping, but the next batch will cost a bit more due to the manufacturing costs being higher than expected. So another batch of 500 of each version will be out here pretty soon.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...