Friday, November 25, 2016

Grape Soda & The DE 89:

Today's shave was great. Earlier today, I went with Catie's Bubbles their "Knee High to a Grape" which has an incredible grape soda scent. And to finish off this shave, I paired it with my usual go to aftershave splash which can be seen below. I would also like to go on record stating that I hate black Friday. That's the reason why I'm late posting today. My mom turned 66 today and I had to go out and pick her up a birthday present and it's a cluster freak out there:


The DE 89 was exceptional today and I will be sticking with it for a while until a certain gift arrives and I can re hone my straight razors. The Shapton 12K wasn't enough and my beard will destroy an edge in no time. I've been straight razor shaving too long for it to be my technique and I go through DE blades more quickly today than I did about a year ago. It's pretty bad when all you have to do is shave a couple of times with a mild razor such as my doc and Feather blade and already have to switch the blade out isn't it? And I can forget about a Gillette Fusion, Trac 2, or Sensor or a Schick Hydro. I would burn through those in no time. There's no doubt anymore. My beard is past being tough and traditional wet shaving is the ONLY way I can shave now.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...