Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Honing Time!

After this morning's tug and pull fest with the Jr. Torrey, I decided to go back to my old routine and progression. So first I started with my Suehiro 1/3K combo stone and I performed the usual routine of 40/40, 20/20, 10/10, 5/5 and 10 round trips to clean up the edges a bit. On the 3K side, I only did 20/20, 10/10, 5/5, and 10 round trips to clean them up. I also poured the slurry onto my Norton 8K and did 40/40, 20/20, 10/10, 5/5 and 10 round trips with the first session. After that I did 2 more sessions of 20/20, 10/10, 5/5, and 10 round trips to clean up both of my razors:


Next I did 10 round trips on the .5 pasted strop:


And then I just did 5 round trips on the smooth leather:


Now that I'm more than certain that these are shave ready, I will be looking at other stones specifically the Norton and the Naniwa Professional stones. This will be for my mid range honing and I will be finishing on a Japanese natural water stone when it gets here. A friend of mine sent me a Shoubandini which I intend to use as a full blown finisher.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...