Thursday, November 10, 2016

Mail Call:

Today's mail call is my EBay purchase and it's 2 days early which is a good thing. This is my Steampunk Wedge by Genco from NY, NY. I forget what year it was made but it's in a little bit worse shape than expected. The sanding disc on my Dremel will come in handy after I get through cleaning it up. The hard part will be getting that chip out:


It was sealed for nuclear war. I like to have never gotten it open:


Here's a closer look at the damage towards the heel:


First to help knock down some of that rust, I soaked it in CLR:


Then it got a bath in my usual barbicide to disinfect the razor:


I'm hoping I can clean this razor up just enough to get it going but if not, I will wait until I get paid and send it to Straight Razor Designs and have them clean it up for me as well as re hone it. So we will see how things go.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...