Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Armada & The J.R. Torrey:

Today's shave was great. It's also Maria Arman's Birthday today so I went with Through The Fire Fine Craft and her Armada scent which has an incredible Vintage Old Spice scent. And to finish off this shave I went with my 2003 Old Spice aftershave splash which I'm about out of and followed up with Soap Commander's Endurance aftershave balm which is also a Vintage Old Spice scent:


The J.R. Torrey did great. I managed to get a squeaky clean post shave feel today, but I could tell that it still wasn't where I would like it to be in terms of sharpness. So after I finished the 3 pass shave, I took both of my straight razors to the .5 pasted strop for 10 round trips. That should help it out a lot. Once I get my truck paid off, I'll probably go with either a full set of stones, or a custom razor. Right now I'm eye balling Suehiro water stones. The mighty mini that I have has influenced my stone choices. Suehiro makes a really good stone that provides a nice, smooth and keen edge.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...