Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Jnat Time:

I wasn't feeling too confident about the edges on these razors, so I decided to pull out my jnat (Japanese natural water stone) which is a Shoubandini Type 100 and do some honing. After applying 3 layers of electrical tape, I built a slurry and did 20 "X" strokes then I performed my usual routine of 20/20, 10/10, 5/5, followed by 10 round trips. I did this twice and diluted the slurry each time. Next I removed one layer of tape and went to clear water and did 20/20, 10/10, 5/5, followed by 10 round trips to finish off both razors:


Next I did 10 round trips on the pasted strop followed by 10 round trips on the clean fabric and then I did a quick rub down of the smooth leather until it got somewhat hot and did 10 round trips on the smooth leather with both razors. So now I'm confident that these razors are more than shave ready. Tomorrow's shave should be interesting.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...