Saturday, December 10, 2016

Pipe Smoke & The 1970's Superspeed:

Today's shave was great and fast. Uncle Jon's soaps and his pipe smoke scent is nothing short of phenomenal. The scent is a premium cherry pipe tobacco with a little hint of vanilla and spices. And to finish off this shave, I paired it with my usual "go to" aftershave splash:


The 1970's Gillette Superspeed was great. In fact today's shave was a 1 pass wonder. Not quite an ice rink type of post shave feel, but more than socially acceptable and it's also pretty close in the trouble spots as well. That's usually what my 2nd and 3rd pass is for, cleaning up the trouble spots. I'm also still looking at various other razors that are out there including some adjustables, slants and open combs specifically the Muhle R41. The R41 will pretty much be a 1 pass razor in my opinion. I also think that people get irritation more because they often do 2 or more passes. Sometimes it's best to do less passes and it's also better for the skin in the long term as well in my opinion.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...