Friday, December 16, 2016

Strop These Blades:

That title says it all doesn't it? When I first shaved with these blades, it was better than the Feather Artist Club blades were but still was a tiny bit harsh in terms of the post shave and I still got some serious weepers but not as bad as I did with the Feather Artist Club blades. So I decided to try something out and it worked. So lets get started:


First I rubbed down the smooth leather on my strop until it was hot to the touch:


Then I push the razor away from me in the opposite direction of shaving for 10 half strokes and I also wiped off the blade after the fact with a microfiber cloth:


The result was that I almost couldn't feel the blade in terms of comfort. The slight tugging and pulling that I got from the 1st shave was gone and I was able to do 2.5 passes and get my infamous ice rink post shave feel. I also stretched the skin like I do when I used my straight razors which was also a huge help. Now I'm going look at various places and see what I can find in terms of strop parts and if I can, try to make a custom strop.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...