Friday, December 23, 2016

Volcano & The Hawk:

Today's shave was great and quite possibly one of my best shaves with an SE type of razor to date. I was also craving Tiki Bar so I went with their Volcano scented croap. The scent is a semi sweet freshly sliced tropical fruit scent which is amazing. And finish off this shave, I went with their Walk the plank scented aftershave balm which has a tropical coconut, salt water and sweet rum scent to it which is also equally phenomenal:


As I mentioned earlier, this was one if not the best shave I've ever gotten out of my Hawk SE razor. I got a squeaky clean post shave feel that resembles an ice rink in just 2.5 passes. Stropping these specific blades has been an excellent decision. This was 3rd shave on this specific blade and there was not one hint of tugging or pulling. That's the advantage of owning a leather strop. It's also good for stropping other blades besides straight razors and this includes cartridges. So if you are wondering if you should get a leather strop or not, it's totally worth it especially if you are still using cartridges still because it can double or even triple the life of your blades.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...