Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Bluegrass & The Jr. Torrey:

Today's shave started off great if not epic but I ended up switching to my Fusion rather quickly. More on that in a bit because I really don't have a lot of time today. Since today is Tuesday that means Through The Fire Fine Craft by Maria Arman is getting used and I went with a scent that's no longer available called Bluegrass which has a sweet grass and vetiver scent to it. To finish off the shave I paired it with good old Clubman:


I have no clue as to what is wrong with this Jr. Torrey. I've tried honing with and without tape and still can't get the results I'm looking for so I'll be retiring this razor for now. It made half of a pass and it just up and quit cutting right in the middle of the 1st pass. I've NEVER had a razor do that before. So come pay day, I'll be looking at the Gold Dollar straight razors to see what all I can find. I should rename this razor, the stranger because it has also behaved strangely on the stones too.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...