Friday, January 20, 2017

Confidence & The Jr. Torrey:

Today's shave was simply phenomenal. You can't go wrong with Soap Commander and their "Confidence" scented soap which has an incredible sweet honey, musk and patchouli scent. The honey really comes through but the musk and patchouli seems to balance out the scent and calm the sweetness of the honey down which is really nice. I also finished off this shave with their Integrity aftershave balm which is unscented :


The Jr. Torrey was phenomenal as well. I managed to get a squeaky clean post shave in just 2.5 passes. The Naniwa 12K super stone puts a really nice and comfortable edge on a razor. Combined with the geometry correction done by Dr. Matt, that stone really woke up this razor which is what it needed. I've also never shaved off that stone until today so I'm definitely very impressed with that water stone. Here in about 2 weeks when I get paid again, I'll more than likely end up getting a few unhoned Gold Dollar razors and sending my Steampunk wedge out to Dr. Matt for a Coticule edge which is the absolute last stone I've not shaved off of before.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...