Thursday, January 5, 2017

Jr. Torrey Touched Up:

After this morning's shave, I thought about it and decided to do a couple more sessions on my Jr. Torrey straight razor. It was like it was missing something this morning and it did perform better after I stropped it for 5 round trips on the rough leather. But I felt that it needed more so lets get started on this touch up session:


First I started with my usual 40/40, 20/20, 10/10, 5/5 seconds on each side followed by 10 round trips to clean up the edge. After that I diluted the slurry and did 10 "X" strokes. I ended up performing this 3 times before rinsing the stone and starting with a fresh slurry. After that I went back and did 20/20, 10/10, 5/5 seconds on each side followed by 10 round trips to finish it off:


After that I did my usual rub down on my strop and performed 5 round trips on the rough leather and finished off the razor with 10 round trips on the smooth leather:


Under my loupe, the edge looked phenomenal so the next shave with it will be very interesting. But tomorrow's shave will be with my Steampunk wedge which was excellent yesterday. This 2 stone method is awesome and it makes honing even more fun in my opinion.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...