Friday, January 27, 2017

Le Petit Chypre & The Jr. Torrey:

Today's shave was great. I needed a Barrister & Mann fix so I went with their Le Petit Chypre scented soap which has an oak moss & cypress wood scent to it. Then I topped it off with the matching aftershave splash:


The Jr. Torrey was perfect. I had another "ice rink" post shave feel in just 2 passes which is about where I want all of my straight & DE safety razor shaves at. I also noticed that this razor almost wouldn't let go of the smooth leather side of my strop which tells me that geometry is now exceptional. Pretty soon my wedge will be the same way. I haven't re honed that razor yet mainly because I want it to have a Belgium Coticule edge on it.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...