Sunday, March 5, 2017

Fortitude & The Doc:

This morning's shave was great. Soap Commander Sunday was in full effect which I was craving pretty bad this morning and I decided to go with their Fortitude scented soap which has an aged hay, aged tobacco and dark rum scent. And to finish off this shave, I went with their now discontinued Purpose aftershave balm which has a bay rum scent. People often pair this soap with Derby City Chop Shop's winter reserve which is also a bay rum scent:


The doc was exceptional. For those of you whom are just starting out and want a BBS with each use, get this razor from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. It's a sleeper type of razor. Mild and comfortable enough to use with Feather blades but guaranteed to have a BBS after 3 passes. I like using the Perma-Sharp blades over the Feathers in this razor due to the fact that they're just as sharp but leave no razor burn like the Feather blades do.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...