Saturday, March 25, 2017

Le Petit Chypre & The 42C:

Today's shave was great. I was craving Barrister & Mann today so after a nice hot and relaxing shower, I went with their Latha Le Petit Chypre scented soap which has an incredible Oak Moss & Cyprus wood scent to it. And I finished it off with the matching witch hazel based aftershave which also has a slight hint of menthol to it:


The 42C did great but it was definitely time for a new blade to be installed. I got a very nice shave after 3 passes. Today's shave was the 3rd shave on the blade so that sounds about right. I'm also considering changing to Feather blades on a permanent basis. My beard has gotten too tough for these Perma-Sharp blades now. I'm down to 3 comfortable shaves with the 3rd one being a 3 or 4 pass shave easy. So in the last month, I have went from 5 multi pass shaves on a Perma-Sharp blade down to 3 in this very razor along with my other DE razors.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...