Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Touch Up Completed:

After the last couple of shaves, I decided to go ahead and touch up all 3 of my straight razors. The day before yesterday, my black diamond dug into my chin a tiny bit and this morning, I had to strop the wedge between passes to get a good shave which worked out great. So let's get started:


After I built a slurry on my Shoubandini Type 100 with my diamond plate, I did 50 slight "X" strokes on all 3 razors. I was just going to do 30 but I felt that more was needed which turned out to be the case with each razor:


Next up I did 5 round trips on the suede side of my strop and then 10 round trips on the smooth side of my strop which will leave a pretty nice edge on all of my razors:


I was hoping to get a bit of a financial break this month but it's not looking like it. I've got to get a few things this coming pay day so I won't be buying any shave gear for a while.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...