Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Confidence & The Hawk:

Today's shave was great. My Soap Commander appreciation week continues with their "Confidence" scent which has an incredible scent of sweet honey, musk and patchouli. The musk and patchouli calm the sweetness of the honey down but it still allows it to come through and balance the scent out. Carrie doesn't like this one for some reason. And to finish off this shave, I went with the matching aftershave balm which was the last item in my mail call. In the past, I often had to pair it with the Integrity balm which is unscented. Now I have the matching set:


The hawk was exceptional especially with that Feather Pro Guard blade. In the past, I didn't like these blades at all but my beard didn't stand a chance against it. I got another "ice rink" post shave feel in 2.5 passes and 1 touch up spot along the bottom of my chin which is a usual trouble spot for me. I will also be toning down the heat a bit with my shave scuttle. Today I got it a tad bit too hot. But other than that, chalk up another great shave.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...