Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Honing Time!

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. After my last shaves with my straight razors, I decided they needed a bit more time on the stones. So I built a slurry using my Shoubandini type 100 on my Naniwa Professional 600 grit and I did 30 subtle "X" strokes on each razor. After that, I built a slurry on my Shoubandini Type 100 using my 600 grit diamond plate and did the same thing that I did earlier which was 30 subtle "X" strokes :


After that I did my normal stropping routine of 6 round trips on the rough leather and 12 round trips on the smooth leather. My razors didn't need a lot but they still needed that extra something which I felt that was missing. Hopefully this should help. We'll find out here in a few minutes when my soap is finished blooming and my brush has finished soaking.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...