Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Mountain Man & The 42C:

Man oh man today's shave was nothing short of phenomenal. Today I went with Stirling Soaps and their Mountain Man scented soap which is their take on Creed's Silver Mountain Water cologne. And to finish off this shave, I went with Stirling's barbershop scented aftershave which adds a little sweetness to the post shave:


The Merkur 1904 Classic closed comb razor (42C) was perfect. I got another "ice rink" post shave feel in 3 passes. I also went ahead and switched the blade out for a fresh one after shaving because I didn't know how many shaves I had on it and usually after I get a shave like this with using this specific razor, that means the next shave on that blade wouldn't be too good at all. So my next shave should be very good. It's been a really long time since I've had a really bad shave. The reason for that is because I stop and take the time to either switch out the blade and/or straight razor if need be. And if I think the straight razor isn't too bad, I go ahead and take the time to strop it before continuing which has helped a lot.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...