Thursday, April 6, 2017

Turkish Bath & The 42C:

Oh wow is all I can say about today's shave. Jeeves of Hudson Street soaps love the face lathering shave scuttle. Right now all I have is Bryon's Turkish Bath scented soap which is amazing. It has a scent of a Roaring 1920's Barbershop scent which has a top note of premium tobacco with a little hint of orange zest. And to finish off this shave, I went with Stirling Soaps Barbershop aftershave splash which pairs extremely well with this soap and adds a touch of sweetness to it:


The Merkur 42C (1904 Classic Closed Comb) was perfect. I got another "ice rink" post shave feel in just 2.5 passes. This shave scuttle is awesome at ANY time of the year and really takes your shave to the next level. What I love about this scuttle is that it's made for face lathering. What I do is go ahead and load up the brush like I normally do and go directly into a face lather. Once I get the lather where I want it to be, I put my brush in the scuttle and using my fingers, I work the lather into my beard really well and then I rinse. By the time I've finish doing this, the lather I have in the brush is nice and hot just like the hot towel treatment you get at a barbershop and it's like my beard melts off with almost no effort and it's pretty sweet too.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...