Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Influence & The 37:

Today's shave was great. Right now I'm under the influence of my favorite brand, Soap Commander. The scent is an incredible blend of premium tobacco, cherry and black tea. And to finish off this shave, I went with the matching aftershave balm:


The 37 did great. 6 multi pass shaves is the limit for me with Perma-Sharp blades. Even though I got a squeaky clean post shave feel today after 3 passes, I had to do some touch ups which is a strong indicator that the blade was done, so I'm putting in a fresh blade. I've also got to face another reality as I turn 40 years old in less than 2 months. These Perma-Sharps are stupid comfortable and sharp but I've noticed that my beard has gotten even tougher and even with an exceptional pre-shave routine to prep my beard, I still have to make more passes than I would like which means that I will be buying some Feather DE blades again. I knew this was coming but didn't expect it to be this soon.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...