Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Lemon Chill & The Wedge:

Today's shave was great. I was having some serious allergy problems this morning so I went with Stirling Soaps and their Lemon Chill scent. The scent on this soap is a semi sweet lemon meringue scent and the menthol chill is epic which really helps open up the sinuses. And to finish off this shave, I went with Stirling's Glacial Lemon Chill aftershave balm which is not as strong as the soap is in terms of menthol strength but it's still present:


The wedge was good. I ended getting a really nice shave in 3 passes. So after my shave, I did 40 subtle "X" strokes on my Shapton 12K and 2 sets of 40 subtle "X" strokes after diluting the slurry between each one on my Shoubandini Type 100 Japanese natural stone. So that should bump it up to where I want it to be.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...