Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Optimism & The Doc:

Today's shave was great. I decided to go with Soap Commander and their Optimism which has a Pear, Plum & Bergamot scent to it. And to finish off this sweet smelling shave, I paired it with the matching aftershave balm which adds a touch of menthol to the shave:


The doc was perfect. I got a squeaky clean post shave feel in 3 passes. There's at least one more shave on this blade which is about normal. The doc is a bit of a blade eater. It's not like my slant which makes the blade stiffer and lasts much longer. But considering how cheap DE blades are, I'm not complaining at all. In fact I just looked at the new Gillette Proshield cartridges not long ago and they will set you back $45 U.S. Dollars for 8 cartridges. Granted they last much longer than the Proglides do, but still I can buy 200 Feather DE blades for that price which does include shipping. Gillette I like the Proshield cartridges, but I simply can't afford them.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...