Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Pipe Smoke & The Black Diamond:

Today's shave was great. I was craving a tobacco scented soap so I whipped out Uncle Jon's Pipe Smoke which has a phenomenal premium cherry pipe tobacco, vanilla and spice scent to it. And to finish it off, I paired it with Stirling Soap's Barbershop scented aftershave splash:


The black diamond was excellent. I got a squeaky clean post shave feel in 3 passes. The J.A. Henckles black diamond is my best straight razor hands down. The weight of the razor is perfect for me and my beard. Even though I like my Steampunk wedge and Jr. Torrey, I still prefer this one over the ones I mentioned. I love the 6/8's and heavier straight razors. They're easier to hone for the most part and for some reason, I get a much better edge on the larger straight razors than I do with the 5/8's and smaller straight razors.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...