Friday, June 2, 2017

Apache Strata Ordered:

This has been coming for the last 3 years. I have just ordered an Apache Strata natural stone. I've already gotten a taste of the edges this stone can provide and I'm really looking forward to it as well. The 1st encounter was from Bill Tsugranes from where I had rolled the 1st edge on my 1st straight razor. The edge was awesome. The second encounter was from Anthony Esposito and that edge was even more amazing and it lasted 60 days on a Gold Dollar 66 and I had no stones at all at that time and I only had roughly around 70 straight razor shaves under my belt at that point which was just before my muscle memory had kicked in. So for an edge to last that long with someone new, is very impressive. I also remember how sharp and keen the edges were as well:


This stone cost me $99 U.S. Dollars and had free shipping. This will be fun. I love my Japanese natural stone (Shoubandini Type 100), but it can be a bit of a pill to nail the edge with it. This stone right here is a spray and go stone and really doesn't need a slurry to develop the edge. How sharp you want it, depends on how much time you spend on this stone. So we'll see what kind of edges I get with it. That's beauty about honing. All of us can use the exact same method and stones, but everyone of us will get completely different results.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...