Monday, June 5, 2017

Epic Honing Session:

After my last shave with it, I knew that it was time for my Black Diamond straight razor to either be re honed or at the very least, touched up. So I decided to go ahead and use my friend Anthony Esposito's technique shown in this specific video and go through my entire progression. Here's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLdFspGGAHw . I won't post photos of my entire progression after each use to keep the post at a minimum but my progression is as follows: Naniwa Professional 600, Suehiro 1/3K mini combo stone, Norton 8K, Shapton 12K and I finished on my newly acquired Apache Strata:


First thing I did was kill the edge:


After doing my full progression which I mentioned earlier, I did my usual stropping routine of 6 round trips on the rough/suede leather and 12 round trips on the smooth leather:


How it shaves tomorrow will tell a story. I'm hoping I did well but since this is my first time finishing on the Apache Strata, it wouldn't surprise me if I had to go back and re finish the razor either.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...